Based on the beautiful Scottish Island of Bute, Henshelwoods have been producing quality products for the UK Delicatessen market for several years. The popularity of the products for the consumer has led them to develop the same products in packaging suitable for the UK Foodservice Market.
Lynn owned and ran an award winning Delicatessen in the centre of York and, making many of her own products she was acclaimed a “Rick Stein Food Hero”. She also steered the Deli to Observer Food Magazine’s “Best Deli in Yorkshire and Humberside” and runner up in the “UK Independent Retailer of the Year” and voted into the Independent Magazine’s “Top Ten Hampers in the UK”.
In 2007 and again in 2008 Henshelwoods have been short-listed the Scottish Food and Drink Excellence Awards. In 2007 their chutney range won the “Best New Product 2007” in the Highlands and Islands Food Awards. We also have several Great Taste Gold Awards.
There has been considerable investment in new specialist machinery at our Rothesay plant and production is highly adaptable.
What’s special about our products?
The following represent just some of the reasons that Henshelwoods will maximise opportunity for UK Foodservice consumers:
- Scottish/UK Origin and production:
- Increasingly, consumers are seeking locally produced products with the best possible provenance and traceability.
- Innovative flavours/Original recipes
- Boring chutneys, mustards and jams are now a thing of the past. The Foodservice range from Henshelwood offer a unique opportunity for you to offer something different to your customers.
- All the recipes are our own, fully exploiting Lynn’s expertise and creativity.
- Hand made product
- We have a small team – doing all of the ingredient preparation by hand to ensure the best possible quality control.
- Additive free
- We take special care to make all our products free from additives – adding to customer appeal.
- All products are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Gluten Free (Apart from one mustard).
- Catering packaging: 3kilo and 1.2kilo tamper evident tubs.
- Our packaging has been designed to be kitchen friendly and easy to use. All are re-sealable and products are available in two pack sizes to suit all Foodservice occasions.
- Local products used wherever possible.
- Award winning:
- Rick Stein’s Food Heroes
- 2006 & 2007 & 2008 Great Taste Food Awards
- Highland & Island Food Awards 2007 – Best new product - Chutney For … range.
- Scotland Food and Drink Excellence Awards Shortlisted 2007 and 2008.
- High production standards:
- We are proud to be able to provide the highest standards of production in order to satisfy European food safety legislation and national company standards – we are currently completing SALSA accreditation.
- Production Flexibility:
- We are big to cope with large orders but small enough to deal with any special or bespoke requirements (both with recipes and packaging).
- We are a family owned and operated company. We care.
Using Henshelwood products in your catering establishment:
- Our products are recognised quality products that demonstrate to the consumer that the catering is prepared to seek out bold and innovative products.
- All products are “ready to serve” and require minimal labour input from the caterer.
- A diverse and ever-evolving product range ensures that there are always opportunities to further develop menus to reflect changing customers tastes throughout the year.
- Long natural shelf life reducing risk of spoilage and waste.
Menu Planning – some example applications.
For examples of how Henshelwood products can be used to best effect in a variety of Foodservice applications please see the recipe section of the website. All of the products add important “extra” enhancements to a variety of hot and cold dishes at minimal additional cost.
We are constantly developing new products and are pleased to work with hospitality groups or manufacturers to bring product to market.
Dedicated sales support
We have sales resource specifically dedicated to the foodservice market in order to support and develop our mutual business. If you wish to discuss opportunities within the foodservice sector please contact us on 01700 500014.
Some of our products:
|Tomato and Onion Chutney|
|Aromatic Caramelised Onions|
|Chutney for Cheese|
|Chutney for Chicken|
|Chutney for Game Pie|
|Old Bute Chutney|
|Hot Apricot Chutney|
|Strawberry and Rose Jam|
|Strawberry with Balsamic|
|Raspberry and Orange Great Taste Award Gold 2008|
|Raspberry and Lavender|
|Star Anise and Pink Peppercorn Great Taste Award Gold 2007|
|Cajun Great Taste Award Gold 2008|
|Deli Great Taste Award Gold 2008|